Historic bricks and wood columns provide glimpses into the circa 1856 building’s industrial past. Bespoke, luxurious interiors complement history to culminate a landmark venue. Merchants Hall is palpably exciting, while maintaining and emphasizing Charleston’s unique history and culture. Boasting spectacular views of the City Market, this is the location to experience Charleston's finest.
Please note that any of this information is subject to change at anytime. Our website always has the latest information.
In one of the most sought-after areas of downtown, right in the middle of the Historic District and overlooking the Charleston City Market.
- Square footage: 2,800 square feet
- Standing: 210 people (including staff)
- Seated at 60" rounds: 210 people (including staff)
AMENITIES & INCLUSIONS
- Fully ADA compliant, with elevator
- Ceilings 12'+
- 150 gold chiavari chairs, 15 60" round tables, 2 8 ft. buffet tables included
- 2 Custom-built bar carts included
- AV equipment (projector/screen/speakers/microphones), stage, ambient sound available
- Powerful WiFi
- Roman shades on each window
- Warming kitchen ensures that Charleston's wonderful caterers will be able to serve the perfect meal.
A BLANK CANVAS
Merchants Hall has historic charm and modern finishes of its own, but the venue takes the background and lends itself wonderfully to the design of your event.
Merchants Hall is perfect for many types of events including: wedding rehearsals, ceremonies, receptions, welcome parties, bar and bat mitzvahs, corporate dinners and celebrations, etc. The list is endless...
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Events planners are permitted to use any caterers and vendors that they would prefer. Clients who choose not to enlist the assistance of a planner must use a caterer from our preferred list.
- The Bar at Merchants Hall is the exclusive alcohol provider.
- Merchants Hall does not have food and beverage minimums.
NECESSITY OF AN EVENTS PLANNER
- Merchants Hall and many other events venues require the use of an events planner or day-of coordinator for weddings and their related events. For events unrelated to weddings, exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Director.
- For clients who prefer not to enlist the services of an events planner or day-of coordinator, a 20% surcharge will be added.
- On Season
- Weekdays: $1800
- Weekends: $3000
- Off-Season (Jan, Feb, July, August)
- Weekdays: $1700
- Weekends: $2400
- $100 cleaning fee due upon booking
- 50% deposit due upon booking, remaining 50% due 24 hours prior to event
- $500 damage deposit due a week before event (promptly refunded in full as long as the space remains undamaged)
- Final guest count due ten days prior to event
Please send any mail to our office:
1049 Morrison Drive, Suite 202
Charleston, SC 29403
Documents are securely signed on DocuSign.
We gladly accept checks or any of the following cards for a 5% processing fee:
If you would like to save, print, or share this information, our brochure is available for your convenience.
For questions, or to proceed with booking the venue:
We look forward to hearing from you, so please send us a message or reach us by phone at (843) 534-5029.